One of the primary functions of a booster club is fundraising.
If one of your most important functions is raising money you really need to make sure you are choosing the best booster club fundraising ideas and running them well.
What Are the Most Popular Booster Club Fundraising Ideas Right Now?
1. Frozen Cookie Dough Tubs
Frozen cookie dough is one of the best selling fundraising products. Everyone loves freshly baked cookies. This is our best selling cookie dough program because of the retail selling price. You will sell 2 pounds tubs of dough for only $10 each. Shipping is free unless you are in an extreme remote area. And there’s no cost to get started.
2. Fundraising Flower Bulbs
We have Flower Bulb programs specifically for fall and another for spring so you can hold a flower fundraiser any time of year. Flower fundraisers are practical and ecologically sensitive. We offer a great selection of bulbs, a high profit potential, free brochures and order forms and the ability to qualify for free shipping.
3. Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
You have to try our irresistibly sweet and salty chocolate covered pretzel rods! The Rods are dipped in milk chocolate and then rolled in delicious select toppings including crushed candy coated chocolates, toffee, and rainbow sprinkles. The mixture of salty pretzel, sweet chocolate, and toppings is sure to satisfy all cravings!
3 Ways to Increase Your Results
We would love to talk about 3 things that you should consider before starting your next booster club fundraiser. We are sure these 3 things will dramatically increase the amount of money you will raise.
Item 1: Formulate a Solid Game Plan Before Starting Anything Else
Fundraising is like any other task. Your odds of success are dramatically increased when you start with a solid game plan.
But what does that mean?
Here are some details that you should know:
1. How much money do you need to raise?
2. When do you need to raise the money?
3. Are there any restrictions for your booster club’s fundraising effort?
4. Who will help with the fundraiser?
5. Do you have volunteers to run the fundraiser?
6. Who will be in charge of fundraising?
Once you’ve answered those questions you can begin to put together a solid game plan that details how you will raise the money you need.
Item 2: Choose Your Actual Booster Club Fundraisers
There are 3 main types of booster club fundraisers:
1. Brochure Product Fundraisers: These are the fundraisers where you give each member a brochure to take home and pre sell a product like cookie dough, candles or other items. There is no cost to start this type of fundraiser. You can make 50% profit on most products. Shipping is free when you sell a reasonable amount of products. These are great for booster clubs that have no money and need to raise some.
2. Candy or Lollipop Fundraisers: These items are called direct sale fundraisers. That means you purchase items and have it on hand to sell directly to your customers. They are the easiest possible fundraiser. You buy the product, sell the product and keep the money. The good news is that you can buy a single case of candy at a time and shipping is free. The bad news is that you have to have money to pay for the candy or lollipops before they are shipped to you.
3. Event Fundraisers: Lots of booster clubs choose to hold events like car washes.
Once you have your game plan details put together it will help you choose which option is best for your group.
Item 3: Set Goals for Your Fundraiser
Please never start a booster club fundraiser before you have set goals.
We believe there are 3 sets of goals you should set:
1. How much money do you need to raise as a group?
2. How much money does each member of your group need to raise?
3. What is your deadline for raising money?
People have a tendency of living up to or down to expectations. Expectations are based on goals.
Once you have determined what your goals are clearly communicate those goals to every. Let them know you expect each member to meet or exceed those goals. In fact be clear the goal is a minimum.
Booster clubs are made up of parents who want to support their kids. The primary responsibility of the booster club is to make your child’s organization the best it can be. One of the ways you help out is by participating in a booster club fundraising event.
We have a number of different Booster Club fundraisers that work wonderfully. It does not matter if you are with the band or you are looking at fund raising for sports booster clubs, we can help determine the best booster fund raiser for you. Of course check with your school to see if there are any fundraising guidelines for highschool booster clubs before deciding on a particular fundraiser.